Jamaica Study Abroad
During pre-travel classroom & web-based sessions the following topics will be
- Geographic overview of the Caribbean Basin
- Historical overview of the exploration, colonization and development of
- Geographic analysis of Jamaica
- Historic, demographic and resource analysis of Jamaica
- Exploration of Jamaican culture – including language, music, customs,
government, religion, holidays, educational systems, unique lifestyles, etc.
- Highlights and previews of sites and places to be visited (see itinerary)
The above will take place as the result of lectures, photographs, videos,
readings, map study, guest speakers and web experiences.