Email for Returning Students
It’s new! It’s improved! And it’s for you! (Are you new to BC? See Email for New Students)
The new system has a much better interface than the old one. You will find it easier to use and manage. Below is all the information you need to get started. Download a PDF of these guidelines.
See Using BC Email for information about how to use the system.
Do I Have to Use the New System?
As a returning student, you can continue to use your old email address in the old system for fall semester if you wish, or make the switch to the new system. Unless you have a specific reason for doing so, it would be better to go ahead and start using your new email address because your old address will no longer work after the fall semester, and the new system is a better one.
To access the old system, use the same URL you did before, or from the BC homepage, click on the services tab to open the services page. Click on the Webmail link—not Student Email from the drop-down list. The Student Email link from the drop-down list takes you to the new system.
New Email addresses in the New System
In the new system, all students’ email addresses will end with @student.bainbridge.edu instead of @mail.bainbridge.edu, like this:
Most returning students will have the same username, but with the new ending. So your email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org. If this address does not work for you, it is possible your user name is different in the new system. Follow the steps below for getting your new email address.
Getting Your Email Address
Follow these steps to get your email address
- From the Bainbridge College homepage, click on the services tab and choose
- Click on Enter Secure Area.
- This takes you to the login screen. Enter your Banner User ID and PIN and click the Login button.
- Click on the Personal Information link.
- From the Personal Information Menu, choose Bainbridge College Email Information.
To log in to your account, you need your username and a password. Your username is the first part of your email address—before the @ symbol—so you will first need to get your email address (see Getting Your Email Address above if you have not already done so).
Your password is built from three parts:
- the last 5 digits of your Banner ID,
- plus the first 2 letters of your email address,
- plus your 6-digit Banner PIN.
Take the following for example. Here is John Smith’s information:
Banner ID: 900032456
Banner PIN: 123456
His email password then is 32456js123456.
Here is a diagram showing how we got this password:
It’s a little complicated to get the first time, but you will have it memorized eventually, or you can change your password to something easier to remember once you log in. If you do change your password, be sure to use something that is not easily guessed by others. Do not use your birthday or your dog’s name! You should preferably add some odd characters like @ or ! and a combination of letters and numbers. This will help ensure that your email account stays secure.
Changing your PasswordTo change your password,
- Click on the Options link in the top right corner inside Outlook:
- This opens a new list in the left folders column like you see below. From there,
click on Change Password.
- You will then be asked for your old password and then to enter a new password and confirm it.
- After typing your passwords, click the Save button in the upper left of the screen. Your password is reset.
Using BC Email for information about using the system
Download a PDF of these guidelines.