JIGSAW: INVESTIGATING COLLEGE
|FINANCIAL AID||STUDENT SERVICES||
To learn about your area, visit the above links. You can also visit the department and interview its employees. You will also find printed material in the department that will be of help. The catalog will also give more information, as well as this website that explains some key concepts in the catalog.
The format of your report is open. You might choose to write it up as an FAQ (frequently asked questions) flyer, a brochure, a website, a report, a poster or anything creative you think will work well. You can include images or photographs in your report as well. You should have copies for each of your team members and your instructor. You can also bring supporting documents that will help your team better understand your area. Remember, you will also give an oral report of about 10 minutes to your success team.
Here are 10 essential questions that should be covered for each of the following areas. Again, you may come up with additional questions and answers.
1. How do I check out a book? How do I renew it online?
2. How do I find material my instructor has put on reserve in the library?
3. What happens if I have an overdue book?
4. What are call numbers?
5. How do I check out a book from another library in the University System of Georgia?
6. What is a periodical? How do I find one?
7. What is Galileo? How is its database different from the Internet? How do I get the password?
8. What is plagiarism? How do I avoid it?
9. What does it mean to CITE material for a paper? How can the library help me?
10. What other resources are available to me in the library?
II. FINANCIAL AID
1. What is the FAFSA? How do I fill it out?
2. How many and what courses are eligible for Financial Aid at Bainbridge College?
3. What happens if I am selected for Financial Aid verification?
4. What is the Federal Work-Study Program? How do I know if I am eligible?
5. What are the requirements for getting a Federal Stafford loan?
6. What is SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)?
7. What is the deadline for applying for Financial Aid? When do I need to reapply for the following year?
8. What happens if I withdraw from classes?
9. What programs qualify for the HOPE grant? What programs qualify for the HOPE Scholarship?
10. How do I check my financial aid status?
III. STUDENT SERVICES
1. How do I get my student ID?
2. What are the benefits of having a student ID?
3. What is SGA? How do I become involved?
4. What clubs and organizations are available at Bainbridge College?
5. Who is the Bainbridge College counselor, and what services are available to me?
6. What are important policies to know about using computers at Bainbridge College?
7. What do my student fees provide for me?
8. What intramurals are offered at Bainbridge College?
9. What is the procedure for a grade appeal?
10. What is BC's policy on alcohol and drugs on campus?
1. What documents are required for admission to Bainbridge College?
2. What is the Transfer Course Equivalency Tool?
3. What SAT scores will exempt you from taking the COMPASS?
4. What information is found in Banner Web?
5. How can you have your transcripts sent to another institution?
6. What is The Regents Center for Learning Disorders?
7. What type of career information is available in the Student Success Center?
8. What is the Regents' Test? Who needs to take it? What are passing scores on the Regents' Test?
9. What is the USG Jobtrak?
10. How can a student get tutoring?